Key principles for effective people
In today's complex and fast-paced world most of us have more to do than the time available in the world to do it. It can become very hard to clearly see what actions must come first to achieve the results you want. TMI’s original Time Manager™ program shows you how to focus on the key issues that will help you reach your goals and objectives, both at work and in your private life. Time Manager™ will help you and your team to look at life from a different perspective. It’s clear, practical and thought provoking messages will propel you to take action and put things right. With your personal Time Manager™ time management system – either paper-based or created in Microsoft Outlook™ – you will be equipped with the tool to give you overview, control, and on-going results.
Those who struggle with their time management, and feel they have much more on their plate than they can possibly handle. That is, practically most of us.
Key benefits for your organization
- Dramatically improved productivity of your knowledge workers at individual and team levels
- Better focus of individual and team efforts on achieving the overall business strategy
- Much improved communications resulting in greater team effectiveness
Key benefits for you personally
- Much improved capacity to determine and realize individual goals
- Better integration of long-term objectives with short-term demands
- Greater efficiency to process e-mail and information thrown at you
- Creating and maintaining a clear overview
- Getting a sense of confidence that all tasks are under control
- Greater results and personal accomplishments in those fields that matter to you most
Key learning points & outcomes
- An introduction to effective time management principles and habits
- Taming the chaos resulting from task and information overload
- Building a Decision Base that complements the overall strategic goals of the business and your job
- Creating a clear overview of your tasks linked to Key Result Areas
- Building the bridge between ‘What’ and ‘When’ - linking Tasks to your Daily Plan
- Becoming results focused rather than activities driven
- Eating Elephants – handling the big projects
- Dealing with interruptions & distractions
- Stopping e-mail eating up your day
- Sorting and managing information, so you’ll find what you need when you need it
- Making meetings more productive
- Developing an action plan for back on the job
What can be achieved?
This program offers you a time management philosophy and practical techniques that you can use to:
- Manage your time more effectively
- Clarify your goals, establish your priorities – and make sure these drive your days
- More effectively contribute to achieving team and organizational goals
- Balance long-term objectives against short-term demands
- Maintain overview and be in control
- Manage tasks, information and activities successfully
- Reduce stress
- Achieve and maintain your peak performance
- 1 or 2-day open or in-company training workshop.
- Group size: 12-20, but also suitable for larger audiences
- Participants receive a complimentary personal copy of the TMI book Time Manager™ – The Key to Personal Effectiveness.
- This program can be implemented as a time management training only, or as part of our comprehensive You Have Too Much Time intervention to improve team-, or organizational time management, collaboration and effectiveness.